Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are applicable to all websites owned by AETN UK, located at www.pawnstarsuk.tv, www.history.co.uk,vikings.history.co.uk, www.crimeandinvestigation.co.uk, www.thebiographychannel.co.uk and www.lifetimetv.co.uk all related channel sites ("the History Sites"). "You" shall mean you, the user of the site, "AETN UK" shall mean HISTORY(r) and its associated companies and "the History Sites" shall have the meaning as set out above.
Access to and use of the History Sites is provided by AETN UK subject to the following terms:
- Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- How do we treat the information supplied as part of surveys?
- Intellectual Property
- Twitter Competition Terms and Conditions
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. The content of the History Sites, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to AETN UK, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided on an 'as available' basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
2. Under no circumstances will AETN UK be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the History Sites regardless of the form of action.
3. AETN UK does not warrant that functions contained in the History Sites content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the History Sites or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
Back To Top
HOW DO WE TREAT THE INFORMATION SUPPLIED AS PART OF SURVEYS?
4. By agreeing to supply information as part of the Questionnaire, suppliers of such information ("Data Holders") accept that AETN UK its affiliates and/or third parties ("Parties") shall be entitled to use all information supplied by the Data Holders as required. Provided that the Parties comply with the use of the information in accordance Data Protection Act 1998.
Back To Top
5. The names, images and logos identifying AETN UK or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of THCUK and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of AETN UK or any other third party.
Back To Top
6. AETN UK may change these terms at any time by posting changes on the relevant History Sites. Please review these terms regularly to ensure You are aware of any changes made by AETN UK. Your continued use of the Site after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on the History Sites then the latter shall prevail.
7. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
8. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
SOCIAL (FACEBOOK/TWITTER) COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
9. The promoter of the competition is AETN UK, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 5QD.
10. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to AETN UK only.
11. The competition is open to residents of the UK and excludes employees (and their families) of the Promoter, British Sky Broadcasting Limited and their associated and/or affiliated companies.
12(a). The winner(s) will receive x1 set of Robert Fabbri's Vespasian book series.
(b). The closing date for entries is Monday 31st August 2015.
13. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. These terms and conditions will be deemed to include the instructions set out on the HISTORY Facebook or Twitter page: www.twitter.com/historyuk /www.facebook.com/HISTORYUK
15. All correct entries will be entered into a draw and the winner(s) will be selected at random from all entries received by the closing date.
16. The judges' decision is final, and no correspondence or discussion concerning the result will be entered into.
17. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries not properly received, incomplete, incomprehensible or delayed due to technical problems.
18. The prize is as stated and no cash alternative will be offered. The winner(s) will be notified by email within 21 days of the prize draw.
19. The winner(s) has 10 days after notification in which to inform AETN UK by email or in writing (at the address above) that they accept the prize. Failure to accept within this time-limit will result in the prize being reoffered.
20. Entrant warrants and undertakes not to post any unlawful or offensive content and will hold AETN UK harmless in full for any claims that may arise as a consequence of any such unlawful and/or offensive content.
21. AETN UK reserves the right to:
- publish the name and home town or county of the winner(s) in any future publications. Further, such details will be available from the Promoter after the draw by sending a SAE to AETN UK, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 5QD; and
- request the entrant to remove any content which may be unlawful and/or offensive at AETN UK's sole discretion.
22. Where the entrant has entered the competition via Twitter or Facebook, they may be contacted in the future by other means, but only where consent to receive such communications has been given by the entrant.
23. Please note that dates set out in these terms and conditions may be subject to change at any time.
Please note that dates set out in these terms and conditions may be subject to change at any time.
ROBERT FABBRI COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
The promoter of the Robert Fabbri Competition is AETN UK our address is Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 5QD. AETN UK is the company that in these terms and conditions is called "we" or "us".
These Terms and Conditions apply to this Competition and form a legally binding agreement between you and us. Please note that we are entitled to amend these Competition Terms and Conditions and/or cancel the Competition without notice where this is necessary in our reasonable opinion for legal or administrative reasons. Any changes to the Competition Terms and Conditions, notices of cancellation or other notices will be set out on this webpage.
Although this Competition is run by AETN UK, the terms and conditions of any third party supplier may also apply and must be accepted and complied with by each winner. In addition because this Competition uses Facebook, Facebook's Terms of Servicewill continue to apply to your use of Facebook and we recommend you review these.
For all queries or issues, please contact: AETN UK, Competition Queries, Legal & Business Affairs Department, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 5QD.
Please note that dates set out in these terms and conditions may be subject to change at any time.
WHO CAN ENTER?
The Competition is open to residents of the UK and excludes employees (and their families) of any prize provider, AETN UK, British Sky Broadcasting Limited and their associated companies.
We reserve the right to verify your eligibility and to check your identity. You will be asked for proof of your identity and/ or your eligibility, your failure to provide such proof in accordance with the timescales set out herein will result in your disqualification from the Competition. All personal details & information you supply must be truthful and accurate.
Any person who breaches any of these Terms and Conditions will be excluded from access to the Competition.
HOW TO ENTER & COMPETITION RULES
By entering the Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
All entries must be submitted via the comments section of the relevant posts on the HISTORY(tm) Facebook page.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
You can enter the Competition as many times as you wish.
CONTENT OF THE POSTS
The content of each Entry you supply must comply with the following rules: (a) it must not be obscene, abusive, offensive or racist and it must not promote or propose hatred or physical harm against anyone; (b) it must not harass or bully another person; (c) it must be true and honest so far as you know; (d) it must not be defamatory of anyone; (e) it must not use material or content that may infringe the rights or privacy of anyone else: for example you must not use images of other people; (f) it must not contain someone else's personal details or confidential information relating to other people; (g) it must not promote or condone terrorism, violence or illegal behaviour.
We reserve the right to refuse to accept or refuse or cease to use any content supplied by any person that we think contravenes these rules. By entering this competition you understand that you are providing your information to AETN UK and agree for your Entry, including your name, to be used for commercial & promotional purposes by us.
The Competition opens on 17 August 2015 and closes on 31 August 2015, and no Entries received after that day will be considered.
While we use all reasonable efforts to obtain all Entries, we cannot promise that we will be able to do so. We also cannot be responsible for any Entries to the Competition or prize acceptance responses from winners that are not properly received, incomplete or delayed for reasons outside our control such as actions taken by third parties including Twitter unavailability or network delays affecting Twitter, FaceBook or the internet generally.
CLOSING DATES & SELECTION OF WINNERS
All Entries will be considered by a panel of judges and one winner will be selected.
We will announce the winner's details on our Facebook page. The winner will then message us with their details.
Each winner will have 48 hours from the time of the winner notification to claim the prize. To do this they must contact us, prove their eligibility and provide their address.
If a winner does not respond within 48 hours they forfeit their prize and an alternative winner shall be selected.
Eligibility to win the prize is subject to you and your Entry's compliance with these Competition Terms & Conditions. If you are a winner and we subsequently discover that you have breached these Competition Terms & Conditions (such breach to include but not be limited to you providing inaccurate personal information) you will be disqualified from receiving the prize.
If you are selected as a winner but after entering the Competition subsequently delete your Facebook account, we will not be able to contact you to award you the prize and another winner shall be selected.
Our decision is final and no discussion will be entered into.
Each winner will receive a set of Robert Fabbri's Vespasian book series.
Please allow 45 days for delivery of the Prize from the date you confirm your eligibility to enter the competition.
We won't be liable if any prize fails to reach you or you cannot take it for reasons beyond our control, or if any prize is damaged during delivery. No alternative prize or cash alternative will be awarded.
If you are a winner in this Competition you agree that you will allow us to use your name and picture in marketing and publicity undertaken by us, which may be in more than one country and which may be in a number of media, for example, print, television, internet.
The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
Lost or Damaged Entries.
If we do not receive a video from you then we cannot enter you, regardless of whether you sent an email to us. Also, if we receive an entry from you that is illegible or incomplete or otherwise deficient we will not be able to enter you. We will not accept proof that an email was sent as proof that we received it.
Use of the Photographs You Enter
In consideration of us agreeing to consider you for the competition, you hereby assign to us full copyright and all other rights in your video entry. This lasts for the full period of copyright and you agree that you will help us by carrying out anything required by us to give effect to this clause. We shall be free to assign such rights to third parties. We may use and/or exploit your submission as we like (although that doesn't mean we have to).
We will use any pictures, text or sound recordings that you send to us for the purpose of operating the relevant competition.
We may also use it for the purposes of promoting our business (for example by putting it on our television channels, mobile services and websites).
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS
We will use your personal details to enter you into the competition. Where we or other companies in our corporate group want to use your personal details for other purposes (such as marketing) we will offer you the opportunity to agree or to refuse this.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
Nothing in these terms and conditions removes or limits our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any liability which cannot be limited or excluded by the law. These terms and conditions also do not affect the rights that are granted to you as a consumer by the law. Otherwise, we will not be liable to you for any matter relating to the competitions offered by us.
We will also not be liable to you if you suffer loss or inconvenience because of the failures of persons or systems that we do not directly control - for example, mobile phone network operators, internet service providers, software providers and telephone traffic handlers.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Dated: 14 August 2015.